Thursday, March 5, 2009

My first week at APSN


Its been an enriching first week at APSN (Association for persons with special needs). Kids there have several disabilities such mild intellectual disabilities and down-syndrome amongst others. Its sad but a true fact of life. Being pretty good with kids, I was able to make many new friends and I have had kids calling my name "Mr Raj". Its quite cool to have 20 students say "Good Morning" to you at one time.

I just feel that the government is not doing enough to help these kids and just sweeping that below the carpet. It's a fact and today I have realized this. It's not enough to just give these kids a school. They need financial aid and time. Something that is not given to them at all. Most of these parents also come from poor families and try and make ends meet, thus not giving time to these kids who need more time than an ordinary child. I think many of us have been taking life for granted having not realized how lucky we are !! It's about time we do and help those who truly need help. I

No comments:

Post a Comment